Trendy nightclubs dot the cityscape, most near the water. And you’ll find every fine boutique in the book with a door front in West Palm. The shopping is out of this world.
Tan and frolic in the sun all day because at night, the city comes alive. On Thursday nights, the award winning Clematis by Night free fountainside concert series, where visitors and locals mingle among arts and craft vendors while enjoying the great live music. Dance clubs, concert halls and movie theaters abound downtown – near the beach.
There are many hotels and condo rentals along South Flagler Drive and Ocean Blvd. But it pays to shop early. The hotels along the beach (those with the Ocean Blvd. address), fill up first. Of course, you’re never far away from water. Flagler is also a good choice.
Nothing much is written about the beaches in West Palm, but they are many. There are two ways to go about finding your fit. First, take a drive up Ocean Blvd. and find out where all the cars are parked. Look for older cars – not rental types – these will be the beaches the locals hang out. And they change – due to weather conditions. Some days the surf is best near Jupiter Inlet. Some days it is awesome close to the pier.
Beaches in Palm Beach are free and have lifeguards. The sand is the same for all beaches – medium heavy, sandy loam. Here is a list of beaches we feel are best in Palm Beach County; all have full facilities:
- Carlin Park – 400 S.R. A1A, Jupiter, FL 33477 – amphitheater
- Coral Cove Park – 19450 S.R. 707, Tequesta, FL 33469
- Dubois Park – 19075 Dubois Rd., Jupiter, FL 33477 – jetty
- Gulfstream Park – 4489 N. Ocean Blvd., Gulfstream, FL 33483 – long beach
- Juno Beach Park – 14775 S.R. A1A, Juno Beach, FL 33408 – fishing pier/surfing
- Jupiter Beach Park – 1375 Jupiter Beach Rd., Jupiter, FL 33477 – pavilion/jetty
- Loggerhead Park – 14200 U.S. Hwy 1, Juno Beach, FL 33408 – tennis/nature trail
- Ocean Cay Park – 2188 Marcinski Rd., Jupiter, FL 33477 – boardwalk/dunes
- Ocean Inlet Park – 6990 N. Ocean Blvd., Ocean Ridge, FL 33435 – jetty/marina
- Ocean Reef Park – 3860 N. Ocean Blvd., Riviera Beach, FL 33404 – dunes
- R.G. Kreusler Park – 2695 S. Ocean Blvd., Palm Beach, FL 33480 – surfing
- South Inlet Park – 1298 S. Ocean Blvd., Boca Raton, FL 33432 – pier/volleyball
Check out, in order, South Inlet, Gulfstream, Ocean Reef, Carlin and Coral Cove. Snorkel within the lifeguard area.
Admission to all beach parks is free, however there are charges for parking at South Inlet and R.G. Kreusler Parks.